The Vale of Glamorgan Farmers market is made up of farmers, growers and producers who travel from within a defined local area to sell their produce in person. All products sold have been grown, reared, caught, brewed, pickled, baked, smoked or processed by the stall holder.
Shopping at the Vale farmers’ Market enhances the environment, reducing packing, waste and food miles. It supports the local economy, and with the traditional and organic methods employed by producers, helps maintain our beautiful countryside. We provide the ultimate in traceability.
New Initiative for 2012 The Community Stall – surplus from your garden/allotment can be bought to the market and swapped, or sold for charity.
Become a Friend of the Farmers Market
- Membership benefits:
- Advance updates on matters relating to the Market via email.
- Exclusive invitation to visits & walks by participating farms and businesses.
- Invitation to our low cost Annual Lunch. 2 courses with guest speaker. Usually held in January.
- Free re-usable shopping bag when joining.
- Printed membership certificate.
- Listing on our website together with the list of all our producers
- Opportunityto join like-minded people who believe in the benefits of eating healthy, wholesome, local and traceable food.
£10 per annum (1 March. to 28 Feb. - Apportioned for ‘Friends’ joining during the year)
Cheques payable to: ‘Vale of Glamorgan Farmers’ Market’. Please send form and cheque to Myfanwy Edwards, Secretary, Vale of Glam. Farmers’ Market, Hilton House, Colwinston, Cowbridge,CF71 7NJ.(Annual fee used for administration and costs associated with farm visits)